Question

AlyVee

Can I negotiating a lower interest rate on a closed credit card balance?
About two years ago I fell behind on my payments for a Visa Chase card I had due to some financial difficulties. Chase closed my account and told me to keep paying the balance. I struggled, but managed to pay the minimum every month.

Recently, I landed a new job that pays significantly more than I've been making up until now. I've read plenty of articles about how to negotiate a lower interest rate on credit card debt, but never for accounts that have been closed (by the creditor). Is this possible, or am I stuck?

Higher salary + lower interest rate would be ideal.

You can try.  Negotiations are usually more successful on open accounts, not those that have been closed.