Question

cool1p

Can I just pay the full amount,and how does it affect my credit score?
I'm in collections, can I just pay the full amount of collections and how long will it take to change my credit score?

Sure, you can do that and have the account show as a derogatory remark in your credit history for seven years. OR you can take the time to read the articles here and learn how credit works and how to do a 'pay for delete' agreement attempt and possibly have the account drop off after making the payment, which might even be lower than swhat you currently owe.

Getting a collection marked as paid won't help your credit as much as you may think, it will help, but the results may be very disappointing. Do some reading on "pay for delete agreements" before you proceed. You want to do your best to get the collection removed rather than marked as paid. "Pay for Delete" must be negotiated prior to paying. Read up on this, it will benefit you. Also read up on the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) to make sure that the debt collector isn't violating the law in any way.