Question

billium42o

can i join my wifes credit card?
If my wife has an existing American express card, am I able to join on as a joint applicant? Her credit is much better than mine and were trying to find the most cost effective way for myself to have a credit card. I would imagine she could authorize a card for me to use on the account, but I'm curious if there is a process for me to apply as a co-applicant so it helps my credit rating as well. My CS is in the upper 500's, and if what I'm inquiring about is even possible, I assume AMEX has a strict approval process and I may not qualify.

With that in mind, would it be better to open a new line of credit in a joint application process? I'm trying to avoid a secured credit card to the best of my ability. My wife probably already has all the credit cards she needs as well, Haha.

Does anyone have any insight for me?

Amex

I know that mid 600's will qualify for additional cardholder. Not too sure about much more than that for AMEX