Question

turkish69

can i help my girl friend's credit score by adding her to my credit cards

Most Helpful Response

Yes you can, 

BUT DON'T DO IT !

This is one thing you DO NOT WANT TO DO UNTIL you are MARRIED. 

So Yes it would help her,  but would not do it. 

Sure but....

Sure, but keep in mind that she will only show up as an authorized user. My husband added me to one of his larger cards to help my score, but for a while did not give me the credit card to use. I have troubled history and he did not want to be liable for any of it. If this is someone who does not manages their finances well, then it will only hurt you. If you keep a high utilization on the card, it will likely hurt her score, rather than help.