Question

nofear9137

Can I have a charge off deleted after its sent to a debt collector ?
I am trying to fix my credit from when I was 18. I am trying to get collection agencies to remove debt for payment in full which most are saying they cant do that. But my question is if once I do pay off creditors can I some how convince an original creditor to either remove it or change the status closed.

I was in the same boat. I had 4 medical collections totalling $350. I called the collection agency and said that I would pay these off if they agreed to remove them off my report. They said that they don't do that. So I decided to go ahead and pay them off anyways. I waited for about a week for the payments to post to my account, then I went to all 3 credit bureaus and disputed the balances on the collections and stated that these balances were incorrect and that they were paid off before they went to collections. Also stated that the agency agreed to remove them. My theory was that the collection agency only cares if the account is paid off and wouldn't bother responding to any investigation. 2 weeks after I submitted the dispute, all 4 collections were removed from all 3 credit reports. Worth a shot if your balance isn't too high.