Question

frglik2

Can I get an old credit report?
I have a collections agency contacting me and I would like to get a copy of an old credit report to get the account numbers of old accounts.

I don't beleive that you can get old reports anywhere. If the collections company is harassing you, check out the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) or contact a consumer law attorney that handles FDCPA cases. Also be sure that you know what the "Statute of Limitations" is in your state to be sued for debt. Odds are, if this account is no longer on your credit report it is outside the SOL to be sued for the debt. You may also want to do some research on how to write a "Cease & Desist Letter".