Question

Tiredandfedup

Can I get an administrator surety bond with a credit score of 650?
My Father passed away and did not leave a will establishing an executor to his estate. As a result I now have to go through the probate process in court and establish myself as the administrator of his estate. Do do this I have to get approved for a surety bond, which basically says that I will distribute my father's estate evenly between his living heirs and won't keep it based on my poor credit history. This process is absolutely absurd because the court is basically saying that if my credit history sucks I'm going to keep everything for myself, which would never happen because I'm not a ****. Just wondering if there was anybody out there who might have gone through the same process and know how easy or difficult it is. I'm attempting to get the bond in NJ. Thank you for your help.

Firstly a score of 650 doesn't "suck". It's not great, but it's average.

You really need to consult with an estate and probate attorney on this topic. You can likely get a free consultation and they can advise you on how to best proceed.