Question

Posted in Saving Money

joe8185

Can I get a smartphone contract with credit scores averaging 650-660?
I'm looking at replacing my very old iPhone 4S, which I had bought for me two and a half years ago and have been using on a no-contract Straight Talk contract. My credit scores are now averaging in the mid-650's (my highest is TU with 674), and another site's calculator advises me that I would only need to pay a $100 deposit with AT&T/Verizon/Sprint and could get a no-deposit contract with T-Mobile with these scores. Is that more or less accurate?

Cell Phone Contracts are a SCAM, Have been Pre-paid for the last 5 years. 

Better idea:

Instead of getting sucked into a carrier's contract, why not buy the phone you want, unlocked, off of Amazon or similar, then get a sim card for it to use on Straight Talk (or Net10, etc). I know for instance that I can buy any phone I want (I currently have an LG G-series Verizon phone), then register it with Net10 with auto-pay? 
---

I get a great phone, 4G no sweat, I use Verizon's network, and I pay less than 50% of what Verizon itself would charge me. Winning all around IMHO.