Question

RjWentz

can I get a new car loan with a credit score of 659? Age 24 I have approximately $750 in collections
I currently have a 1998 dodge durango that has 200,000 miles on it. Just curious if anyone thinks I'd be loan eligible. I was approved on an auto loan$15,000 back in 2005 but my grandmother co-signed with me. I make around $28,0000-$30,000 annually. Possible to get another auto loan for $25,000-$30,000 without a co-signer? And how much monthly would a loan of that amount be with a 659 score

Most Helpful Response

IF you could get a loan, it would be at a very high rate of interest.  Items in collections show undependability in repayment and likely would prevent you from even getting a loan.  Work on improving your credit (the articles here help a lot) and set your sights on a vehicle that is between one and three years old.  That way you save thousands and still have a vehicle that will be dependable for many years.  Mine was purchased for about half what a new one costs and I'm still driving it happily nine years later. 

RjWentz

Thank you very much for the great advice and response to my question.