Question

Richman790

Can I get a mortgage with a good credit score as a seasonal worker or will I need a cosigner?
I work full-time April-November. But during the winter I own my own business which I started 3 years ago. The first 2 years I have recorded a loss but this year I have made a decent profit.
I'm trying to be approved for a mortgage so I can purchase a home, unfortunately the bank told me I have not enough income, or cannot prove enough income. Meanwhile I have saved enough to put 40% down on the home if I so chose to.

Thats the problem with self employement.

banks are very hesitant to loan to self employed.  They see you as a high risk because if something happens to you and your sole income is form your own business then there is no income. once your business is older with a better track record and employees that could run it if your not there, it should be better.

A good score will help along with a big down payment but you  may need to get a co-signer in order to get the loan in the near future. .