Question

boparino

can I get a mortgage pre approval with out a credit inquiry
can I get a mortgage pre approval based on my Credit Karma data and my income, bank statements ect., without doing an inquiry

I dont think its even remotely possible that you can get a bona-fide pre-approval or approval offer for a mortgage without inquiry.  In fact, your bank will likely pull your credit 2 or even 3 times during the whole process.  And thats if you are set on the bank.  If you shop around for a mortgage, get ready for 5 or 6 inquiries.  Allegedly, the scoring models can identify when one is loan shopping and then minimally, if at all, hurt your score as the inquirys stack up.  I am not a believer.  Each inquiry will hurt more than you want it to, and they will have lasting effects.

Mortgages are complicated and time-consuming for the bank.  They need to know you are serious, and they will certainly want to pull your credit.  I would not recommend you walk into a branch with your CK data and try to get a pre-approval without inquiry.

No, just about any lender will need to see your credit report and FICO score.  CK doesn't have FICO scores.

Also, CK is only 2 bureaus, they'll want to see all 3 to make sure there's no tax lien.