Can I get a judgement related to an old credit card debt removed from my credit report?
I have several credit card debts that went delinquent over 8 years ago, so I should be able to get them removed from my credit report, if they have not been already. 4 years ago a company filed a lawsuit for garnishment of other than personal property as an assignee the bank that owns one of the credit card companies. It said they were seeking to garnishee money (which the court approved) in excess of $400, property, or credits from a bank, but I did not have, and have never had an account with this bank. My husband had financed his car through that bank, but it had been paid off many years before that. The lawsuit stated specifically that it was for money or other property OTHER THAN personal income. It was not a general lawsuit to take wages or anything they could get, but rather it was one specific thing listed in the lawsuit, a specific bank, and that was the only thing listed, and I didn't even have an account there. I had spoken to an attorney about it at the time and he said I should just disregard it if I didn't have an account there because there was nothing for them to take.
What I am wondering is, does this judgement in their favor affect my ability to have the credit card debt removed?
Also, I would like to know if, after this long of a time, can any of the collection agencies have my wages garnisheed if I get a job? Since this judgement was for something that did not exist, and in relation to a credit card account that went deliquent over 6 years ago, which puts it beyond the time that the statue of limitations allows for them to suit me to try to recover their money in the state where I live, then I don't think they can garnish my wages now, can they?