Question

scarlita10

Can I get a garnishment taken away while i am applying for a loan consolidation?

Wage Garnishments are usually

put on your wages by government agencies.  They are the only ones that can remove it from your report as active, But it will still show up in your credit history for a minimum of 7 years. even after its paid.  

I have one that still shows up on my CR.  It shows as paid in full, closed,  no missed payments.  My son is now 34years old. That garnishment was closed 16 years ago.  

If you do apply for a loan, I would suggest that you list it as one of the accounts you intend to pay off. 

Good Luck! 

Any time that your wages are garnished, you have the option to request a hearing and you can contest the garnishment (or the amount being taken) if you can prove it causes undue hardship.  You'll need to do more research on whether or not this is an option for you, and you may need an attorney's help.  Instead of doing a loan consolidation, have you looked into a non-profit consumer credit counseling group instead?  They have experts available to you at no cost.  Just Google "non profit credit counseling" and see.