Question

mjb68

Can I get a credit report showing activity from 10+ years ago?
I need to to show a closed home equity line that shows up as a lien on my home, it was opened in 1995 and closed in 2002,

No. What you need to do is to visit your county recorders office and get a copy of the lien, and the release of lien, on your home. Use that documentation to dispute the item showing on your present credit report. Many times the banks will send the release of lien TO YOU and NOT FILE IT, resulting in a persistent lien on your home, just because you did not realize that you needed to file the release.

mjb68

Thanks.  It does not show up on my credit report.  It was never used.  The bank is now out of business.  I guess the title company is going to do more digging to get it discharged.