Question

neabobea

Can I get a credit card with a fair credit score but low income?
I have been paying off student loans and have a secured loan, both of which have helped improve my credit from poor to fair in 6 months. The only reason my score is low is because I only just recently opened these accounts; I have perfect payments otherwise. I am traveling overseas this year, however, and need to get a credit card for use with my travels. I am currently unemployed but have a good savings account built from my last job and my parents also can help me pay loans if need be.

Will I be approved for any credit card with my weird income situation? I'm not sure what to say if I'm unemployed but have funds.

I think that credit card companys like you to have a job so that they can feel like you have the ability to pay them back.  I think that maybe the best bet would be to see if your parents will add you as a AU on one of there cards.  Or maybe open up a secured card (but even that they might want you to have income).