Can I get a charged off credit card off my credit report that wans't really my fault? If so how?
In 2009 My parents filed bankruptcy. At the time I was a cosigner on a credit card with my mom. The card account was charged off due to the bankruptcy. I had never made a late payment, and when the bankruptcy hit, I tried to keep paying it but the creditor wouldn't let me make a payment. They told me they had me listed as the spouse on the account. I tried telling them I was not the spouse, and the bankruptcy was my mother and fathers, not mine. In early 2012 it showed up on my credit report as a charged off account. It has really negatively effected my credit. Can I get this removed, and how? Please help!