Question

aoc10

Can i get a car loan with a collection account?
According to CK I have a 650 in Equifax and 599 in TU since I have an account in collections for a medical bill for around $1,500.00. I was curious about my Experian score so I went to their website and paid $1 for the report but they show that my collection has been closed. So my question is if this is normal or is there a way to dispute it with the other two credit bureaus? Also, I'm trying to get ready for a car loan. I did around $18,000 for a used car, does anyone know what credit score I would need to get approved for that loan with a reasonable interest rate? I plan on going through a credit union.

Hi

Closed/open doesn't really matter, a collection is a collection and is bad. There are many ways to dispute collections and to get them deleted. I would research "get collections removed". The age of the collection matters too, if it is old it's impact won't be as bad as if it is recent. Keep in mind the scores you are giving are Credit Karma scores according to what you have said, your actual FICO scores will be much lower, so try to find a lender that uses Vantage. Unfortunately, I do not believe you will find any good rates, if you do please let me know. Most likely you will have to go with a subprime lender and have a hefty cash down payment on that size of a loan. I wish you the best.