Question

wmg396

can I force my ex-wife to take my name off joint accounts
there are a couple of credit cards that are almost maxed out that my ex-wife is responsible for after our divorce that I am the primary card holder, being that the usage is 90% or higher, it negatively affects my credit. I know I am still the bottom line responsible party. Is there any legal way to force her to call the creditor and have her name as the responsible party and remove it from my credit report

If it has been less than 7 years since your divorce, the fact that both names were on the accounts will be reported on both accounts because they were part of both of your credit histories.  After the 7 year period, these accounts should be reported in just her name.  If not, then you can dispute it with the credit bureaus and enclose a copy of the divorce decree showing the assignment of debts with your dispute letter