Question

jilbe

Can I file bankrupcy?
I guess I should have said my ex-boyfriend. He is living in the home that we bought together and I am living with a friend. I want to file bankruptcy on all my bills but with the home loan being in both our names I didn't know if that would be possible without effecting the house. He wants to keep the house and I just want to get rid of all the medical bills , student loans and credit cards.

Can he re-finance the mortgage into his name alone?  If so, have him do that before you file BK.  Otherwise, you'll need to ask your BK attorney about excluding the mortgage from the BK, but of course, it will remain in your name until he re-finances the mortgage.