Question

emagowan

Can I file a statement regarding a hard inquiry for which I did not give permission?
I was researching info on reverse mortgages and was contacted by AAG. The person who contacted me stated he could give me more specifics after 'running some numbers' and would contact me in a few days. AAG (through CBCINNOVIS) made a hard inquiry on my credit. I gave neither verbal nor written authorization, nor would I have. Other reverse mortgage providers contacted me and were very upfront and used the numbers I gave them for estimates and made it clear anything more solid would require a hard inquiry which would require my permission. The hard inquiry had a very small effect, but was done without my permission.

You have been here three years lonoger than I have so should have read the articles before now to understand credit issues since that is what Credit Karma is all about.  If you gave your social security number to anyoine just so they could run the numbers, you gave  permissdion for a hard inquiry.