Question

medicalbillsuptomyears

Can I fight collections that I was unaware of? Parents didn't tell me about medical bills.
I'm still on my parents insurance, so I never see any medical bills that need paying or are unpaid.. They didn't tell me I had unpaid medical bills, and I just checked my credit score, to see I have 11 "derogatory marks" and they're all unpaid medical bills sent to collections half of them are from 2011 and the others are 2012, 2013, 2015. What can I do to make them go away? Am I able to argue it, since I wasn't aware of them until today? Can I pay them and have them go away?

Your argument of no knowledge will not work in your favor.   When you sent to the hospital/doctor, you signed the form guaranteeing payment.    You should have provided them with your mailing address so that they could communicate with you.   The first step to make them go away is to stop the ball.   Make payment arrangements with the firms and ensure you honor any agreements.   If you are in a position, you should see if you can negotiate a "pay for delete" with the firms.  You need to check the statute of limitations for your state, those that are older than the statute are not required to be paid.  Although, all debts should be paid.  Work on the newest reported items first and work your way backwards.