Question

kalel229

Can I draft a debt validation letter when I have recived no letter about the debt?
So, I apparently have two acounts in collects. One is $110. The other is $1,695. I am not sure what either of these are. I have never recived letters about either. How do I go about finding out more info on these and should I find out the info I need, can I still draft a debt validation letter without every getting notification from them?

Since errors are not uncommon on credit reports, the first thing to do is get all three credit reports and file disputes on all wrong information showing.   You only need to file a debt validation letter if a collection agency is trying to collect and you don't know who or why..Credit Karma is set up to teach people how to deal with credit and build and maintain a good credit score.  Please help yourself by reading the articles and using the interactive tools on this site so you can learn what you need to know,