Question

813CreditQueen

Can I dispute/remove an account where I am an authorized user?
The revolving debt on 2 accounts that I am an authorized user on are pretty high. I think this may be affecting my credit score because the totals show up as mine, even though they aren't. Can I dispute or remove these? If I do, will it improve my score?

First you will want the primary card holder to have you removed as an authorized user. Then you can contact the credit bureaus and tell them that you are no longer an authorized user on the account and wish to have it removed from your credit reports. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites.