Question

Crystalsmilesm13

Can I dispute these hard inquires
I was car shopping and this one specific car dealership hit my credit with 22 hard inquires on 3 separate days I did sign saying they could run my credit...but not 22 times? And then on top of that they sent me to there othere used lot they own and hit me another 6 times ..is there anything I can do?

And just for curiosity sake no i didn't even end up buying a car with them

Most Helpful Response

As said, they should be scored as one inquiry but you will still see them all on your reports and that many inquiries will look bad, fortunately they will only remain for two years. I think what this dealership did to you is total nonsense and is completely unreasonable. There is probably not a whole lot you can do, you could file a report with the better business bureau about these kinds of practices and write reviews on the dealership everywhere that you can to warn others that are thinking of going to them.

Not to worry

All those inquiries are considered a single inquiry within a certain time frame (multiple inquiries within 30-45 days) with the understanding your credit will be checked by auto lenders when shopping is common and should not reflect any more of a negative than a single inquiry on your credit report.