Question

security219

Can I dispute inquiries on my credit report?
I applied for a car loan and they ran my credit through 4 different financiers and I ended up not getting the car. That put 4 more hard inquiries on my credit report when I only filled out one credit application. Is there a number I can call to dispute these inquiries and have them removed?

Part of your history

The finance officer at auto dealerships try to get a customer the very best loan rate possible, which is why you ended up with 4 inquiries on your credit report.  An inquiry is part of your credit history and will have no impact after a year.  But there is no way you can get them removed.

Untrue

All other times I have applied for a car loan the dealer ran it once for themselves then used the report to send to other lenders.  I just had my credit run 12 times at one dealership.  This is not acceptable