Question

Dontascii

Can I dispute an address change? I've been at this address for 18 yrs
I assume the recent address change on my equifax report is the cause of that score dropping 33 points. The only other changes are vendor name change and balance decrease. The address reported is the same address I've been at for nearly 20 yrs. Wtf?

One more thing

I forgot to mention, I did not recently move so not sure why the change showed up in the first place

You can definitely have incorrect address information removed. I had the address of a gas company on my file and clearly never lived there. It was easy to have it corrected.

An address change should not effect your credit score. I would dig deeper and see if perhaps there's a fraud or mistaken identity issue. My husband has a common name and has had issues in the past where items which did not belong to him were placed on his file tanking his score. It turned out someone else at his doctor's office had the same name but last name was spelled differently and didn't pay their bill.