Question

teslazeus

Can I dispute a hard pull on my TU from Discover when they issued a new card due to fraud?
In case the title wasn't clear:

A couple months ago I had some fraudulent charges on my Discover card. Discover closed the old card and issued me another one with the same CL, new number, etc. A hard pull for this showed up on my credit report. Can I dispute this to get it removed or do I just have to deal with it?

Discover was authorized to do the pull when you got the new card, so unfortunately, there isn't much you can do about it. However, the good news is, Hard Inquiries don't hurt too much unless you have a ton of them. I do feel that this is unfair as it was not your fault that a criminal got your account number and used it, something needs to be done for cases like this to protect the card holder from unjust credit damage no matter how slight it may be. I suppose the banks like when we get our credit damaged though as it gives them a reason to charge us more in interest.