Question

DanskeViking

Can I combine two credit cards without affecting my credit report?
I have two accounts from capital one and want to combine them into one single account. They have to close one account to combine them and it's going to show up on my credit report. Will this affect my credit report and score?

When they close the one account, it will no longer be active.   Your average age of accounts will change based upon the closing.   You will have less accounts on your credit card.   This will have a negative effect on your credit score.

DanskeViking

Thank You.