Question

ICONxARMY

Can I close my account with no repercussions?
I have been working on my credit for awhile now. I went from 464 June last year to over 600 now. I have a Capital One Credit Card which I want to keep. The one I do not is Merrick Bank because they charge monthly fees.
Can I cancel this one without losing points? I don't charge anything on it I just let the 6$ fee each month hit and pay it off. But Capital One have given me 2 upgrades recently. Thanks for the help..

There likely will be some repercussions when you close that other account but I don't like fees for credit cards, either.   

Most Helpful Response

If you only have 2 or 3 credit cards, closing this one will really hurt. It sounds like your accounts are not too old either, that would cause further problems. Leave this card open for another year or two after you have established some more accounts and some longer history.

ICONxARMY

Okay Thank You!