Question

noamroz

Can i change something if it's a mistake of another company?
Hi,
I've issued a CC from Target, and then cancelled it the same day.
I didn't remember that i paid with it immediately and didn't pay with my other CC, and when i asked on the phone to close the card, they didn't tell me that i owe them money.
3 months later, i get a phone call from them, saying that i need to pay, and my credit score dropped from 750 to 572.

I've made sure this time i've paid the debt, but i feel really bad about the fact that if i only knew that i owed them money, i would have paid immediately.

Can i do anything about it ?
My credit score increased only up to 620 and i'm stuck there.

Thanks,