Question

pcscorpio

can I call the credit card company and ask them to lower my minimum due so I can get caught up
just got put on Disability for 2 months , I can only pay my minimum due , do cc companies lower the interest on amount due

You will have to contact the credit card company and ask them what they can do to help you. Most companies will work with people that are having financial hardship. Make sure that you call them.

And, if the first person you talk to says there is nothing that can be done, ask to speak to their supervisor.  You want to talk to someone who has authority.