Question

jalevit

Can I borrow a small amount to increase my budget for a used car?
I should get about $1,000 for my trade and I can put another $3,000 down, however there aren't a lot of decent cars available at $4,000. Can a smaller amount like $2,000 be financed to increase the amount I can spend, but without adding too much new debt. If so, but the interest rate would be near 10% than I might as use one my credit cards; my mean APR is about 11%. My credit rating borders between Good and Excellent.

I was once told there is a minimum amount that can be financed, and that something like six grand. However, if I could just finance a couple grand, I could get a replacement car.

One other question: when you apply for financing, do they verify employment? I ask because I basically just work for myself, and it's in a way that I don't really have proof of income aside from direct deposits into my bank account.