Question

isis90

Can I be reported if I make a late payment due to a dispute in my bill?
I paid my bill after the dispute was over. It took me about a month to get someone to call me back and email me back. It took so long to pay the bill because no one would allow me to pay online or on the phone. If a company takes there time to fix a dispute am I still penalized.

Its difficult to answer. Though ideally you shouldn't be reported late, it depends on the company how they handle it. Sorry, I wasn't clear about whether it was any other bill or a credit card payment. In the first scenario, not much to worry. If card payment, bank will not label you late (if it was their problem). However, keep a check. These things go through many systems, and there is always a chance of error. Just make sure you have the proofs of this dispute and the fact that you were not allowed to pay even if you were willing to. In that case, you can get it corrected if this get reported 'late'.