Question

Sstairs01

Can I be removed as an authorized user from a delinquent credit card, the card holder is deceased.
My husband died in 2009, I didn't know that he had a credit card or that I was an authorized user on this card until they started sending statements and collection letters. I couldn't afford to pay it seeing that I had just lost a majority of the household income (he had 100% VA disability rating and pay due to an injury while in the service) and still had to support my 2 children without any financial help therefore I couldn't pay the card off and now that I'm trying to buy a house this reflects poorly. I sent them a death certificate and they said that it would be taken care of but shows as a charge off. How can I get it off of there?

If he had a 100% service connected disability and died due to that, you should inquire as to why you cannot receive dependent's Indemnity compensation.  It is not normal to leave the widow of a service connected veteran in the lurch. With children, you should also be receiving Social Security.  Check with the local Veteran's Service Officer right away.  I am a disabled veteran and was married then divorced from another veteran and know some of these things.  Our children were grown when he died but his widow got DIC.  She will soon be able to get Social Security, too.