Question

tOOT3r

Can I be accepted by lenders (Car,CC,Etc) if they see an account in collections BUT is FULLY PAID?
I'll have an account that could be in collections but I am sure I can pay it off in time. Just wondering if that account in collections that is paid off would hinder me in getting any CC or Loans?

Thanks

Most Helpful Response

To tOOT3r

Credit is just one of many things lenders look at. They also look at income, expenses, and how long you have been employed. So, bad credit does not always prevent a person from getting a car loan. Trust me. I filed bankruptcy twice in an 18 year period, and I have been able to get several car loans because I've been on my job a long time and I earn a decent income. They will charge you a ridiculous interest rate, though, if your credit is bad.  By ridiculous, I mean 25% APR and up.