Question

wellibrokeit

Can I attach credit from living in another country
I moved to another country, and will be here some time. I bought a new car (28,000 Euro), and I own property here i'm paying off (100,000 euro). I still have bank accounts and what not in US I still use, but I was wondering if any of my loans in Europe could be pushed to my credit report in US. It sucks if my credit score won't go up from when I was younger, regardless of the fact I'm paying off over 100k+ in loans no problem, every month, for multiple years, etc.

Most Helpful Response

Contact your creditors in the other country and see if they will report to the bureaus. It's entirely up to them whether or not to report. I'm not sure foreign accounts would be added to your American credit report, but personally I don't see why not. Contact the bureaus too, and see if they would put them on there if they received the information from your foreign creditors. 
Good question.