Question

Jon5bet

Can I ask question of Bankruptcy attorney
I am 79 years old and only income is Social Security and government disability pension, do I need to file Bankruptcy as I live in Assistant Liviing with my wife who is 70 and has Dementia

Most Helpful Response

Like my VA disability compensation, your Social Security and disability compensation are income sources that generally cannot be garnished so bankruptcy would not be needed.  If you wish to speak to a bankruptcy attorney in your area, you can find one in the phone book and they generally offer a free consultation the first visit.  Or you might contact Legal Aid for assistance with whatever is troubling you.      

THank You       Do I pay taxes on any closed accounts and written off by bank for credit cards

Jon5bet

Enter Your Reply

Jon5bet

Enter Your Reply