Question

sbgenao02

can HC processing sue me?
just got a letter saying they are going to sue. based on my credit report my last payment to them was 9/24/2009, that is 3 months shy of 7 years. Ga statute of limitations is 6 years I believe. what should I do? can they legally sue me ove this almost 7 year old debt?

They can sue you, but they cannot win if the "statute of limitations" has expired. Make sure that you do appear in court and present your case (sol expired) if it comes to that. If I were you I would contact a consumer law attorney in your state that handles FDCPA cases. The FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) is something that you should read up on. Keep all letters that you get from the debt collector. I would guess that the legal that they sent you is just a scare tactic as they probably have no intent on suing you, that is a violation of the FDCPA and you now have grounds to sue them. You won't get a lot, but you will get something and get this account removed from your reports. Many FDCPA attorneys require no up front money, so there is no out of pocket expenses to do this.