Question

DAH1974

can excessive merdical bills be removed or resolved
I have Multiple Sclerosis and while waiting for my disability to be approved I incurred several emergency room bills due to no insurance. I have $16,000 in collections and that is all the negative on my credit report. I thought medical bills were not used against you but my score is very poor because of them. Help!

Most Helpful Response

Unfortunately, medical bills do count against you, although there is some groups trying to change that (and I hope they succeed!).  If I were you, I would pull my full credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com and then write letters to all three credit bureaus and ask that they verify the collection accounts.  You may be surprised how many will fall off.