Question

cath5587

Can delinquincy be erased by company that reported it?
Nissan sent me a bill for something I already paid. Throughout the process of working this out, they added it to my credit report. I found out afterwards that they credited payments differently than they were and that's why I didn't think I owed that they were billing me for.

They claim if I pay off the debt that they can then go in and erase it from my credit report to bring my score back up. Is this true or are they just lying to get money from me after the ruined my score?

Most Helpful Response

It is very true. They can (but will they) send a correction in to the bureaus. Hint: Get it in writing.

Ditto the previous poster. Get any promise of corrective action in writing. Also make sure they confirm that you actually do owe the amount they claim. If it turns out that you owe, then pay it.