Question

guerocracker

Can creditors update charge off dates?
I just received a credit alert from Capital One's new credit monitoring service, and it pointed to a few a whole host of weird/bad things showing on my credit report.

Backstory: 2012, I hit a rough patch, was unemployed for a long while, and had 4 accounts go into charge off status. I've been paying them back, slowly but surely, through collections agencies, and two of them are settled off. My credit report had been showing the dates of the charge offs on these accounts as going back to the original charge off dates, which occured in 2012. Flash forward to this morning, and when I check my TransUnion report, they all show the charge offs as occuring in April or May of 2014, and 120+ days delinquent for the entire span between when the original charge off occured and today. Is this something they can actually do? And if so, does this mean that, in spite of nothing negative in the real world in the past 6 months regarding my credit, my credit score will tank?

Call the Credit Pros 1-877-235-0324 they can help. Good luck my friend.