Question

shayna14

Can credit be hit twice for same account
I have been repairing my credit over the last few months and had increased it 70 points until recently. I have paid several debts and had one from Verizon that I was going to pay with my tax refund but they turned it in to collection company. The collection company never tried to contact me and when I logged on this month they had reported the debt and my score dropped 28 points on here, although it went up on credit sesame and its showing on there as well(don't know why it went up). The Verizon bill and and new one from collections are both on credit report now. So my question is, can they do this? Or should only one of them be on there? Thanks for all the help.

Both can be on there, but only one can show a balance due (the collection account).  The Verizon account should show as being sold to another party.