Question

Paintcowboy

can company report you 30 days late based on billing cycle not calender days?
I have account at furniture store, I did pay late but it was 11 days late. They reported me 30 days late. I disputed and was told by the company they report based on billing cycle dates not calendar dates. going by their cycle 10 days lates shows up as 30 days on credit report. is there anything I can do?

Yes, report it to the the BBB. Also you can write a letter of dispute to the credit bureaus asking them to investigate the late charge....