Question

Triniladii

Can collection agencies place medical bills on your credit?
I know I have a few unpaid ER visits for about 7 plus years now but they were never reported to the credit bureau. About a month ago I saw that there is 1 on my Equifax report, I would love to pay it off because it is a very small amount but there is no contact info for the collection agency, or account number. I was told that medical bills cannot be reported to the credit bureau. I'm afraid if I call the hospital inquiring about this one all the others will start appearing on my report.

Most Helpful Response

Of Course They Can!!!

Hospitals need to get paid for their services, too, and if they are not getting payment from you or your insurance, they can turn it over to collection agencies and THEY will report to the credit bureaus. Get copies of all three credit reports and you will find the information on who to pay and where they are.

Beccabee05

Where do I get a copy of all 3 credit reports?

I have question 

i had credit card with bank of america.  8 years ago. Was with collection agancy too so both was listing on my credit report $1700 bank of america account. There is $1700 collection agancy.    Now both folw of my report.  Now i was contacted from new collection agancy they want settalment $900.  My question can this new agancy put the collection back to my credit report ?  Thank you very much