Question

freshour22

Can car shopping credit applications creating inquiries hurt credit? I got 8 inquiries in 3 days!
I went car shopping, and wanted to determine, concretely, what my payments were going to be. Therefore, I had to fill out credit applications so they could figure out the interest rates. I was a thorough shopper, and went to multiple dealerships. However, I found that I now have acquired 8 inquiries in 3 days on my credit report from different car credit agencies. I wish that I knew or thought this would happen earlier. How badly will my credit be impacted by these inquiries for the next two years?

not too much

It's better when the inquiries come in a short span like that. The bureaus expect you to shop around for best rates for cars and mortgages. No more inquiries for at least a few months and you should be just fine.

yes...

I was told it shouldn't, but it did push up my Inquiries to an unhealthy number, and yes it did count against my score.