Question

rsj2277

Can bank errors causing delinquency marks be taken off and if so how?
I had an auto payment late with my finance company once due to the fact that I made my payment on time but it was put towards somebody else's payment with the similar name. It took a couple weeks to be fixed but at the end I did get it resolved. Being on Credit Karma I have noticed that it comes up as late. Is there any way I can get them removed due to the fact that it was not my error as it was the finance companies error.

Most Helpful Response

Speak with the finance company and if they will not do anything, make sure you have proof and file a discrepency with the credit bureaus.

rsj2277

Thank you, I'm going to try it.

rsj2277

Will this work even if it was two years ago? The car ended up being totalled and the car eventually was paid for but the last two months were filed as delinquent as well before it was paid off. I called the bank it was financed with and they told me it was taken care of already but obviously it came up on my credit report. Any suggestions?