Question

EJC23

Can apartment ran your credit the second time without your approval? First one was already approved.
I am applying for an apartment. When I first applied they ran my credit check once and it has been approved and I have reserved the unit. This morning, I saw another credit inquiry from the apartment. It seems like they ran my credit score again without my approval. Are the allowed to do that?

No

You must authorize each credit inquiry.

Judging by the way you worded your post, I would have to say you need to go back and really look at all the paperwork you signed.

This is not an unheard of practice, but it must be in your paperwork for it to be legal. Often after approval and if there is a lengthy wait, they will rerun just prior to finalization to make sure you have not majorily gone into debt.

Also make sure that it was not just a different reporting agency.  you may have seen the one Transunion before and Equifax just now put it on thier report. In which case this is not a rerun, just a reporting of the same run, as they can run with all three CR agencies once you sign.