Question

jwhippen

Can anybody share their credit scores who was approved /and or denied for Chase Sapphire Reserve?
I'm looking for a credit card with maximum point potential that is flexible. I payoff my balance in full each month. Considering an Amex Plat, or the new Chase Sapphire Reserve. Can anyone who has these cards, share their (3) credit scores and application approval or denial process from the last 3-4 months?

Thanks!

Most Helpful Response

Chase has a preapproval you can complete online, I suggest you give that a go.  I don't have the Chase Sapphire, although, I can tell you that Utilization is important to Chase.  They can ignore a (1) paid collection.    I have heard they don't like excessive new accounts, although I had 3 in six months that didn't affect their approval on their Unlimited rewards card.

Reserve & AMEX Platinum

I applied in a Chase branch for the Reserve and received a $23K CL instantly.  Got my card in about 4 days.  I have the Preferred also with a $11K CL for a little over a year.  I transferred $10,500 of Preferred CL to Reserve.  My CK scores were 806 TU and 799 EQ, $76K income.

I applied for the AMEX Platinum last week.  I was approved with an Experian 802.  

I am done applying for new cards for the next 5-7years.  I have 4 cards: Capital 1 Quicksilver $5600, CSP $500, CSR $33500 & AMEX Platinum.  I keep the CSR and Platinum in my wallet.