Can anybody explain yet another glitch in insurance scoring?
I know auto insurance scoring is a mystery. It's supposed to be based on credit history, but I've been one of the many CK users with excellent credit (and an excellent driving record) and only a so-so auto insurance score. BUT it gets worse. This week I incurred one hard inquiry -- my ONLY hard inquiry -- and the auto insurance score dropped by 67 points! TransRisk didn't drop at all. Now, because of one inquiry, I've dropped from being a "fair" insurance risk to a "poor" one -- despite actually being an excellent one. Does anybody have a CLUE as to why insurance scoring works this way? (P.S. I was approved for the card I applied for; you'd think that would count for something.)