Question

Talmadge1989

Can an (unnamed) company send the credit bureaus a confirmation number to remove a collections?
Hello, I had a new collections added to my report, I called the company and they sent me to another company where I talked with original creditor. I paid my account in full through them and they said they would send a confirmation number to the credit bureaus so that the collections can be wiped from my report within 30 days.
My question is, is this possible? It sounds to good to be true and I only found out about this today so it's only around 10 days old.
Any advice or opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thank You

That is not how it works.  The creditor does not send a confirmation number to the bureaus, they simply delete the account themselves through an online service called E-Oscar.  (I should know, that is one of my jobs for a mortgage company.)   I hope you got something in writing from them stating they agreed to delete the account.  If you did, then send a copy of that to all three bureaus right away.  Otherwise you'll have to wait on a fresh report to see if they are BSing you.